After you have registered your workers, you will choose their role in the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Management System and book online inductions for them to complete.
If your employee:
- is in an Electrical, Mechanical or Supervisory role
- is a Mechanical or Electrical Apprentice
- is an Electrical Trade Assistant
you will choose the MAC Worker Appointed role which will require an Appointment Letter to be uploaded.
All other workers will have the MAC Worker role selected (does not require an Appointment Letter).
Electrical role induction requirements
If your worker holds an electrical role, they must first attend classroom training at BHP Mt Arthur Coal.
The MAC Electrical Appointment Induction is booked in the Pegasus Safety Inductions Booking portal.
Some contractors may be asked by site to book and complete Mt Arthur Coal BHP Mental Health for Leaders online training. This training is also booked in the Pegasus Safety Inductions Booking portal.
All other induction bookings for BHP Mt Arthur Coal must be completed in the Contractor Management System.
How to get an Appointment Letter
To receive an approved Appointment Letter, you must first collect the following documents for each worker who holds the MAC Worker Appointed role:
- Download and complete this Contractor Appointment Form
- A recent (less than three months old) Letter of Competency. This letter must:
- be on company letterhead with details (ABN, address, contact information)
- include employee’s name
- detail the work the employee is authorised to perform at Mt Arthur Coal
- be signed by a senior manager at your company
Email these documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your documents are satisfactory, you’ll be emailed the approved Appointment Letter, which you’ll be prompted to upload as part of the booking process.
Please allow up to 10 working days to receive an Appointment Letter.
BHP Mt Arthur Coal requires inductions to be completed by all contractors before coming to site. Most of the inductions that have previously been booked in the Pegasus Safety Inductions Booking Portal will now be booked in the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Management System.
Please allow 48 hours from the completion of inductions for the competencies to appear on the worker’s profile and in BHP Mt Arthur Coal’s site access system.
BHP Mt Arthur Coal’s inductions include the following modules at a cost of $100 + GST.
Valid for five years:
- BHP Billiton Asset Induction
- BHP Billiton Site Induction
- BHP Billiton Field Leadership – Overview
- BHP Billiton Field Leadership – Take Time Talk
- BHP Ground Control Awareness
- BHP Mental Health Induction
- BHP PHMP Air Quality, Dust & Other Airborne Contaminants
- BHP Code of Business Conduct (current year)
- Fatigue Management (current year)
Pegasus will verify that your worker may complete the inductions you book for them. On approval, you will be emailed the induction link and login details to send to your worker. On successful completion, the worker will have the competencies added to their profile and card.
For more information, visit Help and Resources.