Updated Contractor Appointment Form – April 2020
The Contractor Appointment Form has been updated to add seven new Apprentice roles to select from when registering workers at BHP Mt Arthur Coal:
- Apprentice – Mobile Plant Technician
- Apprentice – Mechanical Fitter (Fixed Plant)
- Apprentice – Fabrication Trade (Boilermaking)
- Apprentice – Mechanical Trade (Other)
- Apprentice – Building Trade (Plumber & Gas Fitter)
- Apprentice – Building Trade (Building & Carpentry)
- Apprentice – Building Trade (Other)
Please take the time to download the updated Contractor Appointment Form. All new Appointments must be submitted using the latest form.
Please click to view details about the roles and corresponding letters of competency and/or appointment required for workers at BHP Mt Arthur Coal:
BHP Global LMS
Link to the BHP Global LMS: bhp.plateau.com/learning/user/nativelogin.do
The worker’s user ID will be NEC followed by their Pegasus ID number.
The BHP Global LMS must be run on a laptop or a desktop computer with the following enabled:
- Internet Explorer (11.0 and above)
- Edge (21.x.x.x and above)
- Mozilla Firefox (3.6.x.x and above)
- Safari on Mac (6.0 and above)
- Google Chrome (23.x.x and above)
- Flash Player (10.0.0 and above)
- Adobe Reader (9.0 and above)
Contractor LMS Quick Reference Guides
- LMS Overview for Contractors
- How to complete learning in the LMS
- Guide for contractors accessing the BHP’s LMS
System User Guides
Please click to open the corresponding PDF. These detailed guides step you through the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Management Systems, with system screenshots.
Click REGISTER BUSINESS at the top of the page and follow this guide to pre-qualify your business in the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Management System:
Click REGISTER WORKERS at the top of the page and follow these guides to register your workers in the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Role Portal:
- System user guide: Company registration
- System user guide: Employee registration and role selection
- System user guide: Pending actions overview
- System user guide: Renewing worker subscriptions
- System user guide: Ending cardholder employment
BHP Mt Arthur Coal Documents
- BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Medical Requirements
- Contractor Appointment Letter Template required for Appointed roles (Mechanical and Electrical)
This Knowledge Base includes steps to check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Management system.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have your workers approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered to a different company in the system, and you need them added to your company. Workers can be removed from your company by an administrator directly in the system. Instructions on how to complete this process are available under the End Employment sub-heading of this page: https://kb.pegasus.net.au/display/OCCS/Person
Minerals Australia Contractor Management Framework
From May 2019, a new Contractor Management Framework was implemented for Minerals Australia that guides operations and standardises the way contractors and subcontractors are engaged. Please review the information below to learn more about this framework.
- Contractor Management Framework Vendor Communication
- OCET Quick Reference Guide Contracting Partners
- Contractor Management Framework Vendor FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click to expand the FAQ below.
Where do I register in the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor System?
Select the REGISTER BUSINESS button at the top of the page to find the Contractor Management System where you will register your business to work for BHP Mt Arthur Coal.
Select the REGISTER WORKERS button at the top of the page to find the system where you will register your workers to work for BHP Mt Arthur Coal.
What benefit does the system have for BHP Mt Arthur Coal contractors?
Registration ensures contractors are qualified to work for BHP Mt Arthur Coal. It allows you to keep company and worker information up to date in one place online, and to ensure your workers are qualified and compliant to safely work on site.
How much does it cost to register in the system?
Business registration costs $100 + GST annually.
Initial worker registration costs $100 + GST per person for:
– Role management
– Document verification
– Access ID card
Annual support and maintenance costs $30 + GST per person. A tax invoice will be supplied on payment.
Which documents will I need to upload for my business?
To reach business compliance in the system, you will be prompted to upload:
- company pre-qualification approval email from BHP
- SMS compliance letter
- copies of licences, insurances, certifications based on your answer selections
Which roles do I select for my worker?
You are required to select a role from one of these categories:
– Mechanical and Electrical Roles requiring specific training needs and an Appointment Letter (details on the Registration Process page)
– MAC Worker a generic role requiring no specific training
– Thiess Worker roles selected if your worker will be entering the MAC / Thiess shared zone ONLY
– Other Roles requires specific training
You will find details about these roles at the top of this page.
For each role, you’ll be prompted to upload:
– A photo
– Proof of ID
– Letters of Competency
– Letter of Appointment (Mechanical and Electrical Roles only)
Which documents will I need to upload for my worker?
You’ll be prompted to upload:
- A photo
- Proof of ID
- Letters of Competency
- Letter of Appointment (Mechanical and Electrical Roles only)
What are the medical requirements to work at BHP Mt Arthur Coal?
Please click to read the BHP Mt Arthur Coal Contractor Medical Requirements to complete your worker’s registration.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the CMS?
You can contact Pegasus, who manages the CMS on behalf of BHP Mt Arthur Coal. Visit Contact Us for details.
Who do I contact if I need help in the BHP Global LMS?
For help in the BHP Global LMS, complete this web form or contact your contract owner.
Can I fast track an application?
Yes, Pegasus offers an escalation procedure.
Pegasus understands that there are times when you’ll need your data application or access ID cards to be processed faster than our standard delivery time of two working days.